I’ve finally done it! I’ve finally perfected my egg-less pancake recipe!
I’ve tried sooo many egg substitutes and sooo many different techniques, flours, temperatures, pans, prayers…you name it! NONE of them have come even remotely close to this recipe in terms of what the delightful experience of what a “real” pancake is like. None! Not even my fav vegan frozen pancakes I bought from the grocery store or even my beloved banana or even my applesauce pancakes. These bad boys right here…these are the real deal.
They’re fluffy, not too heavy, they melt in your mouth like a pancake should. When you cut into them, the heavens open up and when you indulge in your first bite, an angel gets her wings. I’m so serious. lol Aaaaand, there are only 3 ingredients. I didn’t have to buy a whole bunch of weird ingredients that cost me an arm and a leg, just 3 simple ingredients.
- Original Bisquick/ 2 Cups (Gluten-Free Bisquick, if needed. Not the “complete” box!)
- Milk/ 1 Cup (I used Lactaid)
- Flax-Egg/ 2 Servings
*Feel Free to customize this recipe to make it your own! I used about 1/2 cup blueberries in mine.
- Heat griddle or skillet on medium-high heat & grease w/ vegetable oil, cooking spray or butter (I used butter)
- Mix all of your ingredients in a bowl until well blended
- Pour your pancakes onto the griddle/skillet (They will be pretty thick. You can add 1/2 cup more milk if you’d like.)
- Cook until the edges are done. They will not bubble like traditional pancakes so keep a close eye on them!
- FLIP!!!! <- Insert me making a mess here
- Cook the other side until dry & golden/brown.
- Pour on the syrup, slap on some jelly, melt some butter, spread some nutella….do what you have to do. Just hurry up and eat ’em! Feel free to close your eyes and enjoy every bit of that yummy, egg-less (maybe even dairy-less and gluten-less) goodness!
Oh…and don’t throw out the leftovers. They freeze really well. Just heat & eat!